Sunday, November 17, 2013

Canvas Remix!

I really enjoyed this week's assignment because it isn't every day that music can be coordinated with another subject area. Color and sound are two subjects that are very closely related, and the science behind it helps even the most non-artistic person able to comprehend the way music and art can make someone feel. 

For my content area, I added some videos and link regarding the connection between sounds and color. I also used many of the pictures and videos that I used in my original canvas. These elements allow the learner understand each side of the lesson respectively and then help them to piece them together. The only element that I took away from the original canvas was the picture of two shades of purple and the description that went with it, because while it was a good example of the color portion of the lesson, it was the only element that didn't translate to my side of it. I think that if there had been examples of other colors as well, I may have been able to incorporate it. Instead, I replaced it with some pictures which show how color and pitch are connected. 

I hope that I have the opportunity to use this unit in my own teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment