Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thinking About PLAY ...

As I have gone through this course, I have thought (obviously) a lot about technology. I have seen many positive things that teachers and students can do with technology and have discovered ways that I never knew I would be able to use it for my own benefit. This post was prompted by the survey that Michelle asked us to take to review the PLAY website for the IA#5 REMIX. I like that even though we are having to use the technology in new ways, we are also able to critique it so that it can be better for us to use in the future. If I were to use PLAY in my own teaching, I do think that I would also offer a survey after the unit to ensure that my students are getting what they need through this form of technology. Normally I wouldn't inquire about these things, but since I would be using websites not used during the class, and the information would be conveyed differently I would like to know what worked and what didn't. Just because the resources work for me doesn't mean that they will necessarily be understandable to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment